Listen and Learn: Financial Podcasts
One common trait among the highly successful is their endless drive to improve and learn. Take a page from their book during your downtime this holiday season by feeding your curiosity and keeping your mind engaged. Make space on your digital device for some of these popular finance-focused podcasts:
- National Public Radio's Planet Money tackles broad economic topics with a fun, inventive approach. One example: In August, a five-episode series chronicled their 100-barrel oil purchase, following it from a Kansas well to its final stop at an Iowa gas station. Look for new podcasts once or twice a week.
- Marketplace delivers a daily podcast that takes a detailed look at the day's business and financial news in a relatable and highly digestible format.
- What started in 1997 as a syndicated newspaper feature has evolved into Motley Fool Money, a weekly radio show and podcast. A team of analysts helms this production, deciphering technical jargon and covering investing-related stories and interviews.
- Fans of the 2005 nonfiction bestseller "Freakonomics" may appreciate the eponymous weekly podcast, which looks at economic systems from fresh perspectives. Podcast topics range from an economist's take on ride-sharing apps to conversations with innovative entrepreneurs like Tim Ferriss and more.
- Stacking Benjamins focuses on personal finance, alternating between guest interviews that touch on earning, saving and spending, and a roundtable format that features other podcasters and bloggers.
Time is money, so spend it wisely. Put your downtime to good use with these and other informative podcasts.
E. CARTER MORRIS IV, AIF
ATTICUS ASSET MANAGEMENT // President & Chief Investment Officer
PHONE (404) 907-1899
ADDRESS 3399 Peachtree Road, Suite 439 Atlanta, GA 30326